Friday, January 25, 2013

End of January (weeks 2 & 3)

I'm a terrible blogger. I haven't posted in quite some time but here is what's been happening in Spain.

School

My intensive class is going good. We only have 2 days left actually, Monday and Tuesday. I really like my Professors and everyone in my class (except for one asshole). The past two days we've been watching Inglorious Basterds for the second half of the class with Carmen Carmen. I'm definitely going to have to do some studying this weekend though for our test on Tuesday.

I'm a tad nervous about my grade because half of our grade for the class is based off of participation and I don't know if I've been talking enough in class. We go off on random, long tangents a lot about things I usually don't care about like weird animals in people's home towns that I zone out for and don't contribute to. It doesn't help that there are like 3 people who tend to dominate every discussion in class.

Home 

Adela is as awesome as ever. I finally found out that she is indeed dating a professional Granada futbál player. I haven't met him but hopefully I can make it to a game and maybe meet him and some of his teammates...

Adela also parties harder than me. Last weekend I got home from Mae West at 4am... she got home from there at 8am. I have some catching up to do.

My roommate Jasmine has a cold so she's been snoring like a freight train for the past week or more so sleeping has been pretty miserable. I CANNOT STAND SNORING. It's IMPOSSIBLE to get her to stop. Even if I wake her up she falls right back asleep and starts snoring again. Two nights I've given up and slept on the couch. I've also tried listening to music but then I can't fall asleep.

Free time

- I've been exploring more tapas bars and shops but the weather has been making it difficult. Its been raining for about a week and then it gets cold and I don't want to leave the house! I've spent quite a few afternoons curled up with my nook reading A Clash of Kings. It's so good I can't put it down!

- With our program we've had a tour of the Realejo neighborhood, went to a Moroccan teashop, out for tapas, and saw La Vida de Pi (The Life of Pi).

http://peliculas.labutaca.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/la-vida-de-pi-cartel3.jpg

- We've paid the discotecas a visit or two. In Spain you don't go out until 1am at the earliest so a good siesta is a must.

Coming up

- Tomorrow we go hiking in los Cahorros, this is the same hike I did on my second day in Spain but this time its with my own program group!

- Last day of our January Intensive class is Tuesady

- On Wed. at 2am Katie, Ruth Ann and I are catching our bus to Madrid so we can fly to ROME! I can hardly believe I'm actually going. I've already told Katie and Ruth Ann that I just might start bawling when I see the Pantheon, the Calling of St. Matthew, The Pieta, The Sistine Chapel. It's going to be unreal.

- Oh and the rain is finally suppose to stop! Just look at this forecast! 



Here are some pictures from the past couple of weeks:


Cloister of the former monastery where the University of Granada now is. 

Graffiti by "El Niño"


This is my school. It's okay to be jealous.

No comments:

Post a Comment