Sunday, March 10, 2013

Flamenco class!

On Friday we got our very own flamenco lesson! Carin, my roommate who was here last semester, said that when she went last semester the teacher was really intense and she didn't have a good time at the lesson so I didn't know what to expect.

We did the lesson in two groups because the cave (yes cave, all good flamenco is done in a cave) was too small for us all. The whole experience ended up being a lot of fun. Some of us were just so terrible that we couldn't stop laughing which got us death stares from our teacher (all in good fun). He just taught us some simple moves that we put together into a mini routine. I really liked it. I kind of wish I could take actual classes like Tess but I'm not quite willing to spend that kind of money.

After our lesson we went and got tapas together and came back for the actual show. It was more extravagant than the show I was with my parents and a little less serious. They had multiple dancers and half way through switched with a different group of performers. At the end the dancer's grabbed people from the crow to get up and dance with them. It was a blast!



The guys getting into it, especially Sam

Our teacher attempting to teach Kelsey how to move her hips








No comments:

Post a Comment